Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favourite holidays! I love dressing up, spending quality time with my husband and giving and getting special gifts. I try to think outside of the box when it comes to gifts, yes red roses are beautiful but it’s fun to get creative and try something new.
If you’re like me and looking for something unique to give your special someone this Valentine’s, here are my top five gift ideas:
- Personalized Puzzle: It seems like everyone is taking up puzzling during lockdown and if you’re one of those couples, why not personalize it? There are so many great websites that allow you to upload your favourite photo and turn it into a puzzle. Reminisce on old memories while creating new ones.
- Date Night Subscription Box: I recently discovered an awesome local Manitoba business called Date Night Delivered, a monthly subscription box that takes the planning out of date night. Each box contains a date night laid out for you with games/activities, recipes, custom playlist, local products, decorations and an after dark game. You can order just one box or sign up for the subscription.
- Monthly Flower Subscription: Flowers on Valentine’s Day are nice but why not take it up a notch with flowers every month! Academy Florists, one of my favourite local flower shops, offers flower subscriptions for their pop-up bouquets for 4, 12 or 24 weeks or cut flower bouquets for 3, 6 or 12 months. Fresh flowers really are a gift that keeps on giving!
- Personalized Jewelry: Get personal with customized jewelry from one of my favourite local businesses, Sugar Blossom. They carry lot’s of beautiful pieces but I love their option for a customized necklace for Valentine’s Day. Choose a chain and charms that mean something to your special someone.
- Red Velvet Cookies from Cookie Craving Co.: Indulge in something sweet with your sweetheart! We are so excited to launch our limited edition Red Velvet cookies just in time for Valentine’s Day. Our Red Velvet cookie dough is made with organic cocoa and white chocolate chunks, stuffed with homemade vanilla cream cheese frosting. Each cookie is topped with melted white chocolate and white chocolate chips. You can’t go wrong with the gift of handmade, gourmet, stuffed red velvet cookies now, can you? Pre-order yours today!
What are your plans this Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments below.